Job Description : GENERAL MANAGER CONSTRUCTION FIRM
Our client is a diverse group of companies with an excellent reputation. They have expertise in various industries including Academic Institutes, Real Estate, and Construction.
We are looking for an experienced Construction General Manager who will also oversee the Real Estate firm.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The General Manager will be primarily responsible for planning, developing, and directing all commercial activities through defining the strategic objectives and cascading these to the business plans and ensuring flawless execution to provide maximum profit and return on the invested capital. He will be expected to represent the local market strategies and points of view to Regional Management to enrich the company’s strategies and plans.
As an experienced construction business executive, the incumbent will also embody the local market perspective and actively participate in helping to shape the strategic direction of the projects under direct control, with full profit & loss responsibility.
Business Strategy / Financial Management:
• Conceptualize and lead the company’s operations in overall by following company policies, guidelines and goals communicated by the company.
• Manage resources and balance sheet performance. Drive overall profitability and build sources of growth and value creation in line with pre-set targets.
• Develop and operationalize strategies, long-range plans, annual operating plans, annual budgets, while measuring progress on an ongoing basis.
• Undertake project management activities and supervise the teams.
• Provide leadership and strategic direction for the development of the project.
• Take active part in Business Development and Selling efforts; build new customer relationships.
• Plan and manage the operation’s team development and resource allocation.
Operational Excellence/ Team Management:
• Be responsible to secure effective management of the projects.
• Act as a navigator and a visionary to build and lead a team of dynamic and innovative professionals.
• Attract and develop talent pool and organization efficiency.
• Promote a friendly climate, good morale and cooperation.
• Create strong team spirit.
• Protect and promote corporate reputation.
• Ensure business processes, tools, and internal controls to support operations.
• Run training programs for all functions.
• Be responsible for capital investment planning and control and implement business excellence.
• Ensure regular communication of business performance against objectives.
• Develop strong relationships and communication links with key stakeholders such as employee representatives, local community leaders, sector opinion leaders.
• Assume responsibility for ensuring business compliance with company corporate initiatives and guidelines, including environmental, health and safety and accounting procedures.
• Strategic Management skills (Planning, Financial, Analysis, Business development) are required.
• Strong team-building and managerial skills.
• Good computer skills.
• International mindset. Having basic understanding in international agreements and business partnership principles.
• Business-oriented mindset. Strong judgment and strategic thinking. Mental agility with ability to focus on key issues quickly and incisively.
• Ability in project management and in developing project plans, coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress, complete projects in time and budget, manage project team activities.
• As a guide base salary is negotiable during job Interview.
• In addition to this salary, there is an excellent benefits package including high quality
transportation, healthcare, and housing.
• B.Sc. Civil Engineering/ Construction Management or related field
• 10 – 15 years’ experience
• 3 Years’ experience in a GM role
• Demonstrated success in project management and team execution
• Knowledge in domestic energy laws would be a plus
• Civils experience managing multiple projects
• Experience of working in Housing, Roads and other Complex Development
• Excellent communications skills in English
B.Sc. Civil Engineering/ Construction Management or related field. MBA Project Management will be an added advantage.
Submission of application
Please send a maximum of three (3) page CV including a passport photo within (2) two weeks of this publication via firstname.lastname@example.org marked application for the position of….. to Director of Human Resources, SWAMP Engineering & Construction Ltd.
Engr. Guani Stephano Diamanato